Business Case Competition is an event in which teams of
students have the opportunity to examine real-life business
problems and present their solutions and ideas to a panel of
corporate executives and business leaders. All teams will
be given the same case and the team will make create a
presentation on why their solution is the best. The panel will
judge the recommendations on aspects like feasibility,
creativity, completeness, etc.
“The purpose of business case is to provide senior
management with all the information needed to make
informed decision as to whether a specific project should
be funded”. (Schmidt 1999)
Theme : Create a creative idea to become a competitive leader in digital era
Each team consist of 3 diploma or undergraduate students from all universities in Indonesia.
Date and Time
Venue: Telkom University, Bandung
|| 28th May - 28th July 2018
| Pre-case Announcement
|| 7th August 2018
| Pre-case Solution Submission
|| 7th - 22nd August 2018
| Finalist Announcement
|| 6th September 2018
| Technical Meeting & Company Visit
|| 27th September 2018
| Final Presentation
|| 28th September 2018
| Announcement the Winners
|| 29th September 2018
IDR 10.000.000 (Total Prize) + Sertificate + Throphy
Facilites for All Participants
Contact Person : Nanik 085792396700 / Line nanik_suaryani
Official Line@: @jbc_telkomuniv
- International Seminar Ticket
- Goodie Bag
- International Certificate
Or Click : http://line.me/ti/p/%40jbc_telkomuniv
IG & Twitter: @JBC_TelkomUniv
Fanspage FB: JBC 2017
- Each team consist of maximum 3 diploma or undergraduate students from all universities around Indonesia.
- Participant are prohibited for playing the competition in more than one team.
- Participant were not allowed to change the team with other participant.
- Participant shouldn’t use name of team from any organization or university and participant shouldn’t use racist or other negative content.
- Participant must upload file and send the registration to our E-mail (email@example.com). And if not, participant forbid to follow the competition.
- Participant must join the online technical meeting via facebook group.
- Participant must obey all rules from the committee.
|Proposal pre Case
|| IDR 150.000
Why should I participate in JBC Business Case Competition
There are multitudes of reasons for why you should
participate in a case competition! Here are a few reasons:
Can JBC Business Case Competition 2018 help me get an
internship or job?
- Experience, These competitions provide the most hands-on, realistic
simulations of what it would be like to work in the
business environment. There will be opportunities to
analyze and make recommendations on real-life strategic
issues just like real business professional. You will also
be able to practice leadership skills in a team
environment. The case competition can also help you
realize if the business environment is something you want
to be a part of.
- Networking, There are many opportunities to meet and interact with
various representatives from many great companies. In
addition, there will be top business skill students from
other schools that you can meet too.
- Confidence and Resume Booster, Amazing the judges and winning a case competition
increases your confidence in your own skills, which can
help you present yourself better in an interview. You will
also be able to present the case competition as an
impressive experience on your resume and as a talking
point in interviews.
- Application of Skills, get the opportunity to apply the skills you have learned in the classroom to real world experiences
Stronger Communication Skills, You will have the experience of presenting to business
managers, answering questions under pressure, and
receiving feedback about your team’s ideas in
relationship with real world expectations.
Get the chance to win the prizes!!!!
Doing a case competition is a great resume booster and
does help you stand out when competing for a job. You can
also use your participation in a case competition as
examples for interview questions like the following: “When
was a time you had to work in a team”, “When was a time
you had to work under pressure”, “Describe a time when
you made a process improvement or recommendation”, etc.
Also, at the case competition you will have the opportunity
to interact with the companies that are sponsoring the
competition. The competition sponsors are there to help
with the case competition, in addition to looking for
possible candidates for positions at their companies.
How do I prepare for a case competition?
Start built your team, do a lot of discussion, and if
necessary provide your team with advisor, who will give
you further instructions on how to prepare with your group
as the competition approaches.
Will I be missing class?
The final competitions do happen throughout the school
week, therefore there is a high chance that you will be
missing class. But don't worry we will provide your team a
So, just make sure your team make up the work!